Welcome to Palace Home Cinema, our online cinema solution. Palace Home Cinema has no joining fees or subscriptions. It’s free to browse and you simply pay for the films you want to watch. We recommend bookmarking this website and creating an account to get started.
If you are having trouble streaming, logging in, or navigating our website please contact us at email: email@example.com
There are four things you need to rent and watch films on Palace Home Cinema.
1. An Account Current Palace Movie Club members will be able to login directly using their existing details. See Creating an Account section for details on creating a free account or resetting your password.
2. A valid credit or debit card A Visa, Mastercard or Debit card can be used. Palace Gift Cards and Movie Club Rewards Points cannot be used.
3. An internet connection Broadband and fibre are supported. However, if your connection is poor or inconsistent you may experience problems during streaming. Those on basic ADSL plans should limit the number of devices on their network and consider 720p or Auto resolution to improve performance. Click the icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the player to select the streaming quality of a film.
4. A screen to watch on Stream films directly on your computer or laptop screen; cast from your computer, laptop or handheld device to a TV via Chromecast or Apple TV; or connect from your computer or laptop to a TV via an HDMI cable.
Creating an Account
Palace Home Cinema has no joining fees or subscriptions. It’s free to browse and you simply pay for the films you want to watch.
I am a Palace Movie Club Member - Palace Movie Club members can log in to Palace Home Cinema using your existing member details HERE.
I am not a Palace Movie Club Member OR I am a member but can’t remember my password - Create a Free Account, or become a Palace Movie Club member HERE. If you can’t remember your password or account details go HERE.
Your home setup must meet our System Requirements:
Computer or laptop with a supported browser
You can watch on PCs running Windows 7+, Intel-based Macs running OSX 10.12+. You will need a broadband or fibre internet connection - dial up will not work. You’ll find a complete list of requirements below.
What are the requirements for Windows computers?
Windows 7, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.
Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer or Opera. We recommend using the latest version of your browser as earlier versions may not be supported.
Internet Explorer on Windows 7 is no longer supported.
You will need a broadband or fibre internet connection - dial up will not work.
What are the requirements for Mac computers?
Mac OSX 10.12 or later.
Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Opera. We recommend using the latest version of your browser as earlier versions may not be supported. You will need a broadband or fibre internet connection - dial up will not work.
Can I watch content on my iPhone/iPad?
Yes, you can watch content via your web browser. The requirements are the same as for watching on your Mac computer.
Can I watch content on my Android Device?
Yes, you can watch content via your web browser. The requirements are the same as for watching on your Windows computer.
For the best viewing, we recommend an HDMI cable from your computer or laptop to your TV. Casting may be available from the Google Chrome browser to a Chromecast device or Chromecast-enabled TV. AirPlay casting may be available on iOS from the Safari browser to an Apple TV device. Your TV will need to be connected to the same WiFi network as your laptop, phone or tablet. Please check your TV and device specifications.
Note: Screen mirroring and screensharing is not supported.
Note: An adaptor may be required to connect an HDMI cable to your computer or laptop. Please check the specifications of your hardware.
Screen devices and browsers will register automatically as you use them. You may have up to three registered on your account but may only stream from one at a time. Devices can be removed in the My Devices section of your account. We strongly recommend you take time to get set up before you settle in for your first film.
For any enquiries please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
I can’t stream any of the content, what’s going on?
Check your minimum system requirements above. We recommend that you update to the latest version of your browser.
We use adaptive bitrate streaming which means the streaming quality will automatically adjust based on your internet speed. For High Definition (HD) streaming we recommend VDSL, cable or fibre connections as we cannot guarantee consistent HD streaming on ADSL.
What happens if I forget my password?
Simply click here, enter the email address you used when you created an account and a link to reset your password will be sent to you.
Why does video playback stall or not play smoothly?
If your internet connection is poor or inconsistent you may experience problems during playback.
Can I connect to my TV using a HDMI cord?
Yes, simply plug a HDMI cord into your supported television and then your computer (you may require HDMI adapter depending on television and computer model).
If the TV does not support the resolution set on the computer, the screen image may be distorted or may not be displayed.
Depending on the specifications of the computer and video card, some resolutions supported by the TV are unable to be displayed. For details, refer to the instruction manual of your computer and video card.
Can I watch films on my TV by screen mirroring, screensharing or direct streaming via a Smart TV’s in-built web browser?
These methods are not supported due to copy protection. Our streaming platform has only been authorised to cast via Chromecast and Apple TV devices to a TV, and to an HDMI-connected monitor or TV, for the benefit of our filmmakers and rights holders.
Will this be available outside Australia?
No. Palace Home Cinema is only available to Australian audiences.
Which devices can I Chromecast from?
You can Chromecast from a Chrome web browser or Android device. Chromecast is not supported by iOS devices. If you are using an iPad, iPhone or other iOS device. You can Airplay from these devices. See below for details
How do I watch content using Chromecast from Chrome?
Make sure you have connected your Chromecast to your TV and Wi-Fi network then follow the steps below. Your computer must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast. For information or assistance connecting Chromecast to your TV and/or Wi-FI network, see support.google.com/chromecast.
1. Make sure you’re using the latest version of Chrome by navigating to Settings > About Google Chrome and update your Chrome browser to the latest version, if necessary. If you’re having trouble, here’s how to update Chrome.
2. In Chrome browser go to the film or TV page and start playing the content.
3. Select the Cast icon in the bottom right hand corner.
4. Select your Chromecast device.
5. The film or TV episode will now start playing on your Chromecast device.
Which devices can I Airplay from?
You can Airplay from a Safari web browser from an iPad, iPhone or other iOS device
How do I watch content using Airplay?
- Connect your device to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV or AirPlay 2 - compatible smart TV.
- In Safari browser go to Palace Home Cinema.
- Open the film you wish to watch.
- Tap the AirPlay icon in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Select your Apple TV device.
For further details go to Apple Support.